Docking and Stands - PA5266U-1PRP Product Description
Offering simple and seamless connectivity to peripherals and multiple displays, the Toshiba WiGig Dock is the company’s new wireless docking solution designed for individual use in an office or a shared workspace. Featuring a compact footprint, the dock includes both WiGig and USB Type-C™ technologies to deliver both wireless and wired modes depending on user needs and system compatibility. This combination of connectivity and performance positions the Toshiba WiGig Dock as a premium wireless docking solution.
- Measuring 8.0(W) x 4.8(L) x 2.0 (H) inches and weighing 13.6 ounces (without base)1, the Toshiba WiGig Dock is compact and requires little space on one’s desk.
- Offering both wireless (WiGig) and wired (USB Type-C™) modes users can enjoy wireless connectivity with speeds up to six times faster than standard Wi-Fi® networks and twice the transfer speed of a USB 3.02 port when employing the wired option.
- The Toshiba WiGig Dock operates in the IEEE 802.11ad bandwidth to deliver wireless transfer rates of up to 4.62Gbps in the 60GHz band.
- The USB Type-C port of the Toshiba WiGig Dock offers data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps.
- Through line-of-sight connectivity (approx. 3 to 6 feet) the Toshiba WiGig Dock automatically connects and disconnects when the user enters or leaves a room eliminating the need to plug-in and unplug peripherals throughout the workday.
- The Toshiba WiGig Dock features a healthy collection of ports, including two USB 3.02, two USB 2.03, Gigabit Ethernet, a full-size HDMI® port as well as DisplayPort to create a no-compromise wireless docking solution.
- When connected to the Toshiba WiGig Dock users can conveniently charge a smartphone or tablet via Toshiba’s exclusive USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge4 technology. To expand the overall functionality of the Toshiba WiGig Dock it features a front facing USB 3.0 port so users can charge one device without a notebook being docked.
- For users looking for additional screen real estate, the Toshiba WiGig Dock can accommodate up to two more displays with high definition resolutions and in some cases even 4K. Through Intel’s Wireless Display Extension (WDE), the Toshiba WiGig will deliver resolutions of 2560x1600 (FHD) for single display or 1920x1200 (HD) for dual display in WiGig mode. When connected via the USB Type-C™ port users can expect 3840x2160 (4K) for a single display or 1920x1200.
- Adoption of a 3.5mm headphone and microphone combo port allows for voice over IP ideal for conference calls and meetings.
- Integrating the IEEE 802.11ad wireless standard into the Toshiba WiGig Dock provides users with a high-level of security to ensure data integrity is maintained.
- A security lock slot makes it easy to secure the dock in a shared workspace or in one’s office.
- For thermal management, the dock features a fanless design to create a cool and quiet solution.
Ports and Indicators
- Power indicator
- Connecting indicator
- Power button
- WPS/Disconnect button
- USB 3.0 port with Sleep & Charge function
- Reset button
- USB 3.0 port
- LAN jack
- Two (2) USB 2.0 ports
- Headphone/microphone combo jack
- DisplayPort output port
- HDMI® output port
- DC in (for power)
- A Toshiba computer integrated with an Intel WiGig 802.11ad module
- 4GB memory or higher
- USB Type-C™ port (for the optional wired dock function)
- Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit edition)
- Input: AC 100-240V
In the Box
- WiGig Dock
- AC adapter
- Power Cord
- USB Type-C™ cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Weight. Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability and options selected.
- USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
- USB 2.0. 480Mbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
- USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.