Imagine having ready access to all your digital treasures – around your home or around the world, and you'll know what it's like with the Toshiba Canvio® Personal Cloud, one of the easiest and safest way to store, share, and stream your music, pictures, videos, and files. Unlike other Cloud solutions, all your digital content is in a familiar, centralized place, not a remote unknown location. You'll gain peace of mind knowing that your digital assets are always there when you need them. Best of all, there is no recurring subscription or usage fees2.
When many hear home network storage and sharing, they think "complicated." Yet, the Canvio Personal Cloud is anything but. Set-up is as simple as "3-clicks"3. Once it's up and running, you can start uploading your content for sharing and streaming using the simple, intuitive graphical interface.
Away on business. Across town. Visiting relatives in the next state. If you have internet access, you can access your Canvio Personal Cloud remotely to play that slideshow for friends and family, work on your master's thesis, or show off your horseback-riding video. Android™ and iOS apps let your tablets and smart phones join in, too.
The Canvio Personal Cloud is great when you're away, but helps you rock the house when you're not. Stream movies wirelessly4 to TVs all around your connected home – even a different one in each room. Show off your vacation photos on your tablet PC – upstairs and downstairs. Or listen to your favorite album on house speakers while cooking in the kitchen, then move to the dining room when company comes over.
Imagine having all your files from all your computers and hard drives – documents, videos, photos, movies and more – all in one safe, convenient place. That's what the Canvio Personal Cloud is all about. Stop turning the house upside down looking for what you need. Forget the cost and uncertainty of online backups. Reach out and grab some peace of mind.
Between desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, you can count on the widely compatible Canvio Personal Cloud to play along with you. It works with most of the popular gear on the market; including Windows® based PCs, iOS or Andriod-based smartphones and tablets, as well as DLNA-compatible media streaming devices.
In the Box:
1. One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and one Terabyte (TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
2. Internet service required
3. Applies to initial user setup
4. Requires properly equipped DLNA-compatible devices.
5. Transfer rate may vary depending on user's system configuration and capabilities.
6. This product is covered by a three (3) year standard limited warranty. A copy of the warranty is preinstalled on the drive or can be viewed online at http://pcsupport.toshiba.com/accessories3yr.
7. Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system