Toshiba Introduces Satellite Radius, A Premium Multimode Laptop With 360-Degree Flip-And-Fold Convertible Design
"Versatile Design With a 15.6-inch Display Offers Five Different Ways to Use It; Joins Best Buy's Blue Label Program"
IRVINE, Calif. - May 27, 2014
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced Satellite Radius™, a multimode laptop with a 360-degree "flip-and-fold" design that enables five different viewing and usage modes. Featuring a 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD touchscreen display1, built for powerful performance and shipping with Windows® 8.1, the Satellite Radius is ideal for consumers and mobile professionals looking for a big screen to multitask, create, consume and play.
"Toshiba has a longstanding heritage in designing convertibles and has made extensive R&D investments into hybrid designs with the goal of pushing the limits of what a standard laptop can ultimately do," said Philip Osako, senior director of product marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "As people increasingly understand the benefits of next-gen hybrid PCs, we're ready to meet their needs with innovative products that are both adaptable and affordable."
A Mode for Every Occasion
The Satellite Radius features a two-axis hinge design and a smart-locking keyboard that enables five key usage modes:
- Laptop mode: A unique 135-degree angle view ideal for productivity.
- Tablet mode: A full 360-degree screen fold conveniently transforms the device into a big-screen tablet.
- Tabletop mode: Collaborate on a screen that lays flat at a 180-degree angle.
- Presentation mode: Fold to a 270-330 degree angle for a rear-facing screen ideal for sharing content and presentations with groups.
- Audience mode: A 270-315 degree flip that hides the keyboard under the display for a hands-free movie-watching experience.
Striking Design, Powerful Performance
Designed with premium-grade materials, the Satellite Radius features a brushed aluminum enclosure and frameless LED backlit keyboard. Configurable with a powerful 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processor2, 8GB of memory3 and up to 1 terabyte hard drive storage4, the Satellite Radius doubles as a strong work machine and entertainment device with a long battery life rating.
The Satellite Radius features premium speakers from Harman Kardon®, a leader in premium audio, complemented by audio processing by DTS Sound™ delivering rich and natural 'studio-quality' audio. The laptop also includes ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi® ideal for streaming movies and music, plus Intel WiDi5 wireless display support technologies. Additionally, the included HDMI® port supports 4K output to compatible HDTVs, enabling consumers to enjoy the highest quality video currently possible. The laptop also includes an HD webcam and dual-array microphones with beam-forming technology that provide clear, crisp audio for video chatting. Dragon Assistant™ voice control technology is also included, empowering users to speak commands to search the web, post updates to social networks, check email and more.
A variety of ports extend the convertible's functionality, including three USB 3.0 ports6, one with Toshiba's USB Sleep & Charge technology7 that enables the charging of USB-powered electronics even when the device is powered off. The Satellite Radius also features a range of built-in tablet sensors, including an accelerometer, gyroscope, compass and ambient light sensor for a more robust tablet experience.
Pricing and Availability
The Satellite Radius will be available for purchase beginning early July, exclusively at Best Buy and on toshiba.com/us, starting at $925.99 MSRP8
Image Gallery: http://bit.ly/ToshibaSatelliteRadius
- Yulimar Chiu
- Access Communications
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of five business units: Business Solutions Division, Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Telecommunication Systems Division and Industrial Solutions & Services Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including award-winning notebook computers, tablets, branded storage products, digital display solutions and cloud services; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications; and IoT solution development, data analytics and IT services. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 580 consolidated companies employing 199,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.6 trillion yen (US$5 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit us.toshiba.co.jp
© 2015 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
- Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Intel® Wireless Display. Copy protection technology, if any, associated with the content may prevent or limit viewing of content.
- USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
- The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
- Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price."