Toshiba Expands Satellite Click Line of 2-IN01 Detachable PC's
"Laptops That Are Also Tablets' to be Sold Under Best Buy's Blue Label Program Just in Time for Back-to-School Selling Season"
IRVINE, Calif. - May 27, 2014
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today unveiled a pair of next generation 2-in-1 detachable PCs - the Satellite® Click 2 and Satellite Click 2 Pro. Each features a 13.3-inch removable display, runs on Windows® 8.1 and enables a seamless transition from a full-featured laptop to a convenient tablet for home users, students and mobile workers.
"We've developed two amazing detachables - one that delivers solid, everyday performance at a great price and another that features a premium performance configuration that the category has been missing. Yet both give consumers the productivity benefits of a laptop and the convenience and battery life of a tablet in one device," said Philip Osako, senior director of product marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division
Satellite Click 2
A Laptop When You Need It, A Tablet When You Want It Priced affordably for everyone at t $586.99 MSRP1, the Satellite Click 2 delivers the same great performance and feature set of an everyday laptop, including a quad-core Intel® Pentium® processor2 and a spacious 500GB hard drive3, plus ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi®. Featuring a 13.3-inch diagonal HD (1366 x768) removable display4, the Satellite Click 2 includes a durable hinge with a quick-release' latching mechanism for attaching and detaching the screen to the keyboard base. Great for entertainment, the Satellite Click 2 is also one of Toshiba's first devices to feature an audio experience with a sound system tuned by Skullcandy® and DTS.
Featuring a sleek fanless design, the Satellite Click 2 runs quietly and its 0.9-inch profile as a laptop ensures easy portability. Toshiba's Hard Drive Impact Sensor technology safeguards content stored on the internal hard drive, while USB Sleep & Charge technology5 provides additional convenience, enabling users to charge a smartphone from the device on the go even if it's off.
Satellite Click 2 Pro - A 2-in-1 Powerhouse
For power users who demand more from their devices, the Satellite Click 2 Pro features a no-compromises slim design with a Full HD display, powerful performance, dual cameras, and a premium sound system with an innovative 'push-pull' hinge mechanism that makes it easy to attach and detach the screen with a single hand.
Dressed in an elegant anodized brushed aluminum enclosure only 0.78 inches thin as a laptop, the Satellite Click 2 Pro is powered by a 4th generation Intel Core™ processor, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and features a stunning Full HD 13.3-inch diagonal removable display. Packed with essential ports, the tablet also includes a built-in microSD™ card slot, Micro HDMI® and Micro USB 2.0 ports, as well as wireless display support and Intel WiDi6 for screen sharing to big screen TVs.
Its full size keyboard base includes LED backlit keys, perfect for typing in any lighting environment, while the on-board Harman Kardon® sound system pumps out rich audio. A front HD webcam with dual array microphones make video chatting a snap, while a rear 5MP camera captures quality high-resolution photos and videos. The keyboard base also features two USB 3.0 ports7 , one with USB Sleep & Charge and an HDMI port. A premium version features a keyboard base with a secondary battery that extends the life of the device and an additional 500GB hard drive that complements the 128GB Solid State Drive8 built-in to the tablet.
- The new Satellite Click 2 is priced at $586.99 MSRP and the Satellite Click 2 Pro is priced starting at $1,028.99 MSRP. Both will be available in late June, exclusively from Best Buy and BestBuy.com and direct from Toshiba at toshiba.com/us.
- The Satellite Click 2 Pro with the keyboard base featuring an additional battery and hard drive is priced at $1,279.99 MSRP and will be available in late June at toshiba.com/us.
- Yulimar Chiu
- Access Communications
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of five business units: Business Solutions Division, Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Telecommunication Systems Division and Industrial Solutions & Services Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including award-winning notebook computers, tablets, branded storage products, digital display solutions and cloud services; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications; and IoT solution development, data analytics and IT services. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 580 consolidated companies employing 199,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.6 trillion yen (US$5 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit us.toshiba.co.jp
© 2015 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
- Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price."
- Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
- Intel® Wireless Display. Copy protection technology, if any, associated with the content may prevent or limit viewing of content.
- USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
- Solid State Drive Capacity. Drive capacity may vary. One Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Solid State Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com