Toshiba Ultra HD 4k Workstation Now Available
"New Tecra W50 Features 3840 x 2160 Resolution Display, Taking Visuals to a Whole New Level for Engineering, 3D Design and Healthcare"
IRVINE, Calif. - May 22, 2014
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the world's first mobile workstation featuring an Ultra HD 4K display, the Tecra® W50, is now available for purchase, starting at $2,249.00 MSRP1.
A portable powerhouse built for the most intensive visual and engineering tasks, the Tecra W50 features a 15.6-inch diagonal Ultra HD 4K IGZO display2 with a native resolution of 3840x2160 and 282 PPI. The display delivers clear, crisp images at four times the resolution of Full HD - an ideal solution for engineering and 3D design professionals, content creators as well as radiologists and other healthcare professionals who require accurate viewing of diagnostic imagery. To further enhance the visual experience, each display is precision color calibrated with accurate color gamut and features wide viewing angles.
"4K Ultra HD extends the possibilities of content creation, engineering and design and enables healthcare providers to offer higher-precision care by giving doctors amazing visibility into diagnostic imagery anywhere the laptop can be carried," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "We have applied years of experience and engineering resources developing Ultra HD 4K TVs to help engineers and 3D designers bring their creations to life like never before and enable better."
The Tecra W50 features high-precision performance for today's most demanding tasks - including SolidWorks® and AutoCAD® - with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core processor3 and four high-speed memory slots configurable up to 32GB4. The workstation boosts professional graphics capabilities with 2GB of GDDR5 dedicated NVIDIA® Quadro® K2100M graphics memory5 to accelerate and mobilize any workflow.
An ultradurable design and one of the thinnest, lightest designs in its class at less than six pounds, the workstation incorporates a spill-resistant, LED-backlit keyboard6 with 10-key numeric pad as well as a built-in AccuPoint® pointing device and clickpad that allow users to work comfortably, even in low light conditions. Equipped with a full complement of ports, including dual USB 3.07 and one USB 2.0 port, plus a media card reader, eSATA/USB combo, Express Card slot, and HDMI® and VGA ports, the Tecra W50 makes sharing and syncing data easy in any computing environment. Gigabit LAN and an optional Mini Serial port extend functionality even further. Mobile professionals can charge their tablets and phones even while the laptop is off with the latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge feature8.
The Tecra W50 also features a docking connector that allows it to be connected to Toshiba's Hi-Speed Port Replicator III, allowing users to quickly and effortlessly connect to a desktop environment in one simple connection.
The Tecra W50 featuring a 4K display is available now by calling 800-913-3091, starting at $2,249.00 MSRP.
- Jared Leavitt
- Access Communications
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of five business units: Business Solutions Division, Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Telecommunication Systems Division and Industrial Solutions & Services Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including award-winning notebook computers, tablets, branded storage products, digital display solutions and cloud services; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications; and IoT solution development, data analytics and IT services. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 580 consolidated companies employing 199,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.6 trillion yen (US$5 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit us.toshiba.co.jp
© 2015 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
- Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price."
- Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill (and on certain select models as expressly advertised by Toshiba, a soda, coffee or beer spill) to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
- 7USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
- The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.