TOSHIBA ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF NEW 14-INCH TECRA LAPTOP, ADDS THUNDERBOLT™ 3 DOCK AND USB-C ADAPTERS TO PORTFOLIO
IRVINE, Calif. – June 13, 2017 – – Toshiba's Client Solutions Division (CSD), ), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the availability of the Tecra® X40 laptop with a starting price point of $1,329.99 (MSRP). The company also announced the addition of several accessories, the Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock ($299.99 MSRP) and multiple USB-C Adapters ($44.99 to $89.99 MSRP). These products are available for purchase via CDW and Toshiba’s network of resellers.
Thinner Design Without Compromise
The 14-inch Tecra X40 checks in at 16.9 mm thin and 2.76 pounds1 and rivals the dimensions of many 13-inch laptops. Toshiba designed the Tecra X40 to meet the performance demands of the modern workplace through the adoption of 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and Windows 10 Pro to give users the most powerful processing technology and full-featured operating system technologies on the market. Users will also find features such as Full HD (1920 x 1080) multi-touch wide viewing angle displays, Intel® 802.11ac Wi-Fi®2, solid state drives and batteries with extended life ratings of up to 13 hours2. In addition to standard configurations, Toshiba will offer the Tecra X40 with a wide variety of Build-to-Order (BTO) options to enable organizations to select the right CPU, memory, storage, display and security capabilities.
Enterprise-Level Security Features
Toshiba equipped the Tecra X40 with multiple security elements including proprietary BIOS, Face Authentication, Fingerprint Reader, Trusted Platform Module, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Device Guard, Credential Guard, Intel® Authenticate, Smart Card Reader and Security Lock Slot solutions4. This collection of the security features gives corporate IT professionals and individual users with multiple options to safeguard information on the Tecra X40.
Constructed with a premium magnesium alloy Tough Body™ chassis featuring shock-absorbing measures and Toshiba’s honeycomb reinforcement technology affords the Tecra X40 an increased level of durability. All of Toshiba business laptops are designed, engineered and rigorously tested in dedicated Toshiba facilities to deliver greater peace of mind and proven reliability. The new ultra-portable laptop was designed to pass testing based on Mil-STD-810G methodology for extreme temperatures, vibration, shock, humidity, altitude, drops, dust and solar radiation.
Modern Ports with Expanded Capabilities
Toshiba new ultra-portable comes with a complete suite of ports including 2 USB-C™ ports3, USB 3.0 port, an HDMI®, and a microSD™ Card Slot as well as a headphone/mic combo port. The USB-C port features reversible plug orientation and supports Display, Power Delivery and Thunderbolt™ 3.
Toshiba Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock
A leader in the docking station marketplace, the Toshiba Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock is the company’s newest expansion and productivity solution. Engineered with a compact, low-profile form factor, the Toshiba Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock includes the following ports: two USB-C, four USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet LAN, VGA/RGB, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, two HDMI and a Headset jack. This advanced docking solution features a simple single connection with data transfer speeds of up to 40Gb/s and can support up to the three 4K monitors simultaneously. One design advantage of the Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock is its ability to charge a laptop via the USB-C port and still deliver access to all the peripherals connected to dock.
Incorporating Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock USB-C connector technology, Toshiba designed the docking solution as a universal solution, while still delivering seamless compatibility with Toshiba’s new Portégé X20W, Portégé X30 and Tecra X40. The Toshiba Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock is now available for $299.99 (MSRP).
With the industry trending towards the standardization of USB-C technologies on new mobile computing solutions, Toshiba is poised to bridge this connectivity gap by offering four new universal USB-C dongles. These dongles allow users to continue using their legacy peripherals and include USB-C to LAN, USB-C to HDMI, USB-C to VGA and USB-C to HDMI/VGA/LAN. All of the Toshiba USB-C Adapters support power pass-through to allow the user to charge their laptop and still connect to device concurrently. These dongles are currently available for purchase with a starting price point of $44.99 (MSRP) or $89.99 (MSRP) for the travel dongle, which features HDMI, VGA and LAN ports.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Client Solutions Division, Imaging Systems Division and Industrial Solutions & Services Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products as well as services and solutions, including award-winning mobile computing devices, security solutions and cloud services; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; and IoT solutions development, data analytics and IT services. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit https://us.toshiba.com,.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into three focus business fields: Energy that sustains everyday life, that is cleaner and safer; Infrastructure that sustains quality of life; and Storage that sustains the advanced information society. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of 550 consolidated companies employing 188,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 5.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion). (As of March 31, 2016.) To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Contact: Eric Paulsen Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. 949.583.3541 email@example.com
© 2017 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. Weight. Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability and options selected.
2. Battery Life Rating (Notebook). Measured by MobileMark® 2014 for models preinstalled with Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 10. Benchmark rules for MobileMark® 2014: Wireless connectivity = On, Predefined updated workloads. Details of MobileMark® 2014 testing protocols are available at www.bapco.com. MobileMark is a U.S. registered trademark of the Business Applications Performance Corporation. Rating is for comparison purposes only, and does not indicate the battery life that will be obtained by any individual user. Actual battery life may vary considerably from specifications depending on product model, configuration, applications, power management settings and features utilized, as well as the natural performance variations produced by the design of individual components. The battery life rating is only achieved on the select models and configurations tested by Toshiba under the specific test settings at the time of publication and is not an estimate of a system’s battery life under any conditions other than the specific test settings. After a period of time, the battery will lose its ability to perform at maximum capacity and will need to be replaced. This is normal for all batteries.
3. Wireless. Actual throughput will vary depending on device operating system, hardware and software configurations and environmental conditions.
4. USB-C . 10Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Type-C. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
5. Availability. Depending on system configuration feature might be unavailable.
6. WiGig Dock. Wireless docking feature requires notebook with WiGig capabilities.
7. Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Thunderbolt 3 docking feature requires notebook with USB-C capabilities.